Fall NFL Flag Football --Now registering 3rd graders!
- Sign up Date: Registration will be accepted at the City Offices or by mail until July 19th Registration is extended with the addition of 3rd graders
- Who: Boys and Girls who are entering the 4th – 8th grades for the 2018-19 school year
- Cost: $35 for City Residents and $40 for non-City Residents. Fee covers reversible NFL replica jerseys, flag belt, USA Football Membership, field prep, and 7 weeks of practice with 5 games
- When: Practices will start August 19 (two per week) with games beginning September 7th and ending October 5th
- Concussion Info Sheet: You will sign the waiver at the first practice. Please read and review the information at https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/pdfs/youthsports/Parent_Athlete_Info_Sheet-a.pdf
Summer programs are here! The Recreation Department is offering over 15 youth programs this summer. Please visit our program guide for descriptions, dates, and registration form/fees. You can print both your registration form and afternoon transportation form (if necessary) to submit in the City offices. There is no online registration for these programs. Space is limited, so register early! Sleepy Hollow trips for afternoon camps will be on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays.
Get the word out! Our Summer Program flyer can be printed here.
The City of St. Johns 2019 Summer swim activities are now posted in our program guide. We are currently accepting applications.
Lacrosse Camp is now registering for July 22-26, 2019. Cancelled
Camp will take place at the City Park Softball Field and will be led by Ovid Elsie/St Johns Lacrosse Head Coach Patrick Witt and members of the Ovid Elsie/St Johns Lacrosse Club.
The program is designed specifically for first time players who are interested in learning more about the game and serves as a great first step towards signing up for a team. Intermediate level players are welcome too. At each session, fundamental rules and skills like passing, catching, shooting and scooping will be taught in a safe and supportive atmosphere. Each child must bring their own mouthguard.
Zumba classes begin again August 20th FLYER
The Recreation Department is now pre-registering for Zumba classes at the Wilson Center on Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm. Pre-registration for all five classes in the session is only $15 per person, or you can drop in nightly for $4 per person. Adults and youth, men and women, beginners and experts are all welcome! Certified Zumba instructor Sarah D. will be leading the dance-based workout each night. Dress ready to sweat, bring a water bottle, and be prepared for an amazing and fun time. You can print your registration form here and mail or bring it in to the City Offices on the first floor of the Courthouse.
Hunter Safety Classes:
Hunter Safety courses will be offered beginning 08/17/2019 and 09/14/2019 at the Sleepy Hollow Conservation Clubhouse, 3293 W. Mead Rd. St. Johns, MI. 48879. Class times: 8:00AM-4:00PM.
Contact Bill Schafer at 989-224-8944 ext. 227 during the hours of 8:30am to 4:00pm for further information. Alternative contact is Daniel Winsor at 989-640-0932 during the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm for further information. Pre-registration required. There is a course fee of $8.00 assessed to attend this class. A parent or guardian must accompany a child under the age of 12.
- Bring your lunch.
- Must pick up your book at least four days before the class begins.
- This class is a home study.
- Must come to the first day of class.
Please visit the DNR website www.michigan.gov/dnr for information on other Hunter Safety programs.
We do not offer baseball or softball programs for youth. Please visit http://www.sjyba.com/ for information on youth baseball and softball programs.
We do not offer soccer programs for youth. If you are interested in youth soccer, please visit http://www.ayso862.org/ or http://stjohnssoccerclub.com for information on youth soccer for programs.