Signs placed on commercially zoned property require a permit.
- A freestanding, or pylon sign is limited to 50 square feet in area, 30 feet in height, and one sign per lot.
- Wall signs that cover up to 20% of the building face (height x width) are permitted.
- Temporary signs may be used periodically upon approval.
- Flashing lights or signs with mechanical movements are prohibited.
- Electronic Message Center signs are permitted, but cannot shine onto residential property.
Signs on residentially zoned property are restricted to:
- A "For Sale" or "For Lease" sign not greater than eight (8) square feet.
- A 12" x 12" nameplate advertising an approved home occupation.
- Political signs not exceeding 14 square feet.
- Temporary garage sale and non-commercial signs.
- Contractor signs not greater than 12 square feet while work is in progress on the property.
Signs Cannot be placed in the public right-of-way.
The above regulations are a summery--please contact his office before placing or erecting a sign.